Thanks to everyone who auditioned for the 2013 - 2014 season of the AYS Program. We are grateful to everyone who auditioned, and we are looking forward to the coming season.
- Albuquerque Bel Canto Choir and Beginning Chorus (grades 4 - 6)
- Albuquerque Prelude String Orchestra (grades 6 - 8)
- Albuquerque Junior Youth Band (grades 6 - 8)
- Albuquerque Junior Orchestra (grades 6 - 8)
- Albuquerque Junior Symphony (grades 6 - 8)
- Albuquerque Junior Symphony Chorus (grades 6 - 8) and Albuquerque Youth Symphony Chorus (grades 9 - 12)
- Albuquerque Youth Symphony Guitar Orchestra (grades 9 - 12)
- Albuquerque Youth Concert Orchestra (grades 9 - 12)
- Albuquerque Youth Orchestra (grades 9 - 12)
- Albuqeurque Youth Symphony (grades 9 - 12)
Please note that we will be sending the acceptance packets, with the season schedules, by email this year, in mid June.
If accepted and placed into and AYS Program orchestra, students must be enrolled as a regular member of their school band or orchestra, if offered. Enrollment will be verified with the school in the fall. If enrolled in one of the AYS Program Choruses only, students must be enrolled as a regular member of their school chorus.
If accepted and placed into an AYS Program ensemble, the student must plan to attend all scheduled rehearsals and concerts. If an emergency occurs and your child must miss a rehearsal, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate conductor as per the AYS Handbook procedures. Please refer to the AYS Program Handbook for the details of our attendance policies.
All students accepted into the AYS Program will be required to pay a tuition fee as established annually by the AYS Program Inc. Board of Directors. Need based financial aid awards are available.
The AYO and AYS tour each season, and participation on the tours is a required part of membership. There are fees in addition to the tuition, and families are expected to participate in fundraising events to support the annual tour.
The Albuquerque Junior String Orchestra (AJSO - grades 3-5) does not hold auditions, but a letter of recommendation is required from the child's private instructor with the child being able to play at an appropriate level. For more information and to receive registration information, please contact the AYSP Office.