- Join Us
Students in any AYSP ensemble must meet the eligibility guidelines below. If a student does not meet these guidelines participation may be suspended and/or the student may be removed from the program at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
1. Students in youth ensembles must be in grades 9-12 and 14 years old as of September 1, 2017. Students in junior ensembles must be in grades 6-8 and 11 years old as of September 1, 2017. Students in preparatory ensembles must be in grades 4-5 and 9 years old as of September 1, 2017.
2. High school students may not participate in AYSP for more than four years or after their 19th birthday, whichever comes first.
3. Dismissal from any public or private school will be viewed as a failure to participate in your school music program and will result in dismissal from AYSP.
4. AYSP follows NMAA academic eligibility guidelines. Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 with no more than (1) F, based on a 4.0 grading scale or its equivalent. Academically ineligible students may not participate in rehearsals, tours, or concerts during the period of ineligibility.
5. Students must adhere to AYSP’s School Music Participation Policy.